Welcome to our online home! We are so glad to have you here.
life in our corner-
My name is Valentina and my husband is Timur, together we have seven children. Though we run a recipe blog at Valentina’s Corner, I have always loved design and had a dream to do something with decor and design as that was my major in college.
In September, 2020, we purchased a farmhouse and decided to start a second blog to document the remodel of the new home and share our life as a family.
So, when deciding on a name for the site, we wanted it to tie into our original blog and that is where Life in Our Corner was born.
We have transferred all of the personal posts from Valentina’s Corner to this site and will keep that dedicated to recipes. Here you will find everything in between. 🙂
And now, a little bit about our family.
- Tim– was born in Uzbekistan and an only child. He was a professional tennis player and came to the U.S. to earn some money and further his tennis career.
- Valentina– I was born into a family of 11. Yes, we all have the same mom and dad. Believe it or not, we actually love each other and my siblings along with their families are my best friends.
- Love- Tim and I met when he came to our youth service and we clicked immediately. In 2002 we were married and the rest, as they say, is history.
- Our children- Our kids’ names are Benjamin Timothy, Joseph Paul, Elizabeth Rose, Nathaniel James, Abigail Lily, Elijah Alexander and Seraphima Ivy. (All Biblically inspired.)
- Christ-centered- We love the Lord and our lives are centered around Him and fulfilling his calling for our lives as individuals and raising Godly children.
- No TV- Yes, you read that right, we don’t own a television. For many reasons and we talk about those openly on the site.
- Debt- When we got married, we had no idea how to manage our finances and I am a huge advocate for becoming debt-free and staying that way.
I believe marriage is A LOT of work but so worth it. God takes the institute of marriage seriously. He designed for the husband and wife to fulfill their roles in the family and everyone has to do their part.
On the blog, I often discuss what we have learned over the years and want to share our ups and down in hopes it will be a blessing to you.
Many times men don’t take their role as a father and husband and that is devestating to the family. The wife then has to pick up the slack and it distorts what God initially had in mind for a union.
woman after God’s heart-
I am in NO WAY a feminist but I’ve always had a heart for women. I love to pour and minister to women in any way possible. There is just something so beautiful about meeting women where they are and ministering to them.
I grew up in a very conservative home. As I grew in my relationship with the Lord, I noticed so much about me changed, what I thought was a true woman of God shifted. I love that I have this piece of the internet where I can share what the Lord has taught me and is continuing to teach me.
To His be the Glory in all I say and do!
Thank you for taking the time to read about us and our lives. We hope to make a small impact in this world. When life is over and I meet my Maker, I hope to hear, “Well done good and faithful servant.”
So, look around our Online Home and BE INSPIRED!