In part 3 of our Moving Series, we share our bittersweet Going Away Party & Joey’s Graduation.
Going Away Party!
If you’ve ever moved away from family, I think you’ll understand how difficult this was. For those that have never moved, here’s what are are leaving behind.
- I am one of eleven and all of our family is still in Ohio. We are the first to leave not only my siblings but their families and parents on both sides.
- We’ve never moved and moving is a lot of work.
- All of our friends are here.
- Our kids are saying goodbye to everything they’ve ever known.
- We have such a close-knit church body.
- The comfort of knowing the area.
So, that’s why when my husband was giving the message to everyone gathered, well, I just couldn’t hold back the emotions – they were so raw.
Last year Benjamin graduated high school and this year it was Joey. God’s perfect timing to allow them to end school here – He is so faithful.
Tomorrow we officially have to be out of our home so we will be packing some items into an RV and will be living in the motorhome until we find a home (that’s nine people in a 1 bedroom RV). Of course, we’ll share the experience.
Thanks so much for joining us on our journey and being a part of our online family.
Tim & Valentina
Benjamin, Joseph, Elizabeth, Nathaniel, Abigail, Elijah and Seraphima