What a fun and exciting reveal, the laundry room makeover. You can see the progress images and a good look at the before in THIS post.
laundry room makeover breakdown-
The ceiling is by far my favorite accent in the laundry. It gives it its uniqueness and charm. Without the ceiling, it would be a completely different room.
We’ve never done anything like this so it was just awesome to see it come to life and how it turned out.
We worked with our friends at SemBro again just like we did in our kitchen. They are great to work with and I highly recommend them. If you are local, use the code Valentina for a discount on your next project. The color of the cabinets for the laundry is called Dove.
Since we had black accents in the kitchen, we went with a champagne bronze in the laundry. The color is like matte gold if I could describe it. These are the drawer pulls we used, I was surprised at the quality of them since they were so affordable. They carry different sizes.
Since the home was much older, the door handles needed to be changed as well, and these were the ones we went with and I love them.
We wanted to continue the color of that champagne gold and went with that color for the faucet and I love it, just stunning.
The sink is similar to the Karran we got for the kitchen.
Those of you that follow us on Instagram will know that I initially purchased this light. I loved the design but the color wasn’t true to the photo and it was more of a cherry red than a brown and it really clashed with the rest of the design so we returned those and went with this simple design for the lights and I love what they do in the laundry.
Washer and Dryer:
With seven children, we needed a good washer and dryer with a large capacity and we bought this GE from HomeDepot and I am so happy with it so far. It is huge and fits so much clothing. I’m not sure how it will hold up over time but definitely love them so far.
I saw this idea on Pinterest (btw follow our account there for all this home decor), I loved the idea. I really like order and organization and knew we wanted to do something like this in the laundry. So my husband custom-built the design. We will later do a full post on how he built it but I love it!! I wasn’t sure if I’d like that it wasn’t a closed cabinet so we thought maybe we’d need to build a door to close it off but with the adorable baskets, I am totally fine with it as is.
We had leftover wood from the ceiling so he used them for the back of the tower and I love it.
Laundry Room Makeover Decor:
And here are the links for the décor in case you like any of them.
- We have two of these glass jars with lids. In one I’m going to keep clothespins to hang delicate items to dry and in the second one cotton balls to help with drying. I add some essential oil straight onto the balls before adding them to the dryer and the clothes smell wonderful and it helps keep the clothes from becoming clumped together and static. They are supposed to also cut down on drying time.
- laundry baskets-
- Though these baskets are absolutely adorable, they are much smaller than the plastic white ones you normally get. I didn’t mind since we all had our own basket for clean clothes but if you are looking for larger baskets, these are not what you want.
- laundry hampers-
- These hampers were from Sam’s Club and I love them, they are commercial grade and so durable. I originally wanted to order them online but the ones I wanted were three times this price and these are wonderful.
- carpet runner-
- I ordered several small area rugs and ended up with this runner. It not only looked beautiful but was really soft to walk on and really went with the aesthetic of the room.
- I got this planter from HomeGoods but here is a similar one I found online.
- The baskets above the closet are from Target. I love what they add to the room.
And finally the custom build closet doors. These pictures don’t do them justice, they are absolutely stunning. We will upload a detailed tutorial soon but for now, enjoy the finished work. This was our first time ever designing and building something like this and it was more beautiful than I envisioned.
Well, friends. That wraps up the laundry room makeover – for now. When we finish organizing inside the cabinets and all the tips and hack we use there, we’ll do a post on that as well. 🙂
What was your favorite part of the reveal?
And a few BEFORE pictures so you see the difference.
QUESTION: What’s your biggest must-have in the laundry or best tip related to the laundry room? We’d love to hear about it in the comments!